12 Tips To Create a User-Friendly Web Design
The first thing that goes through everyone’s mind when there is lack of visitors to the website is that their marketing had not been sufficient. However, most of us overlook some of the commonest problems. To ensure that visitors to the web stay on after the first 7 seconds, your site should have:
- Easy access to information
- User-friendly layout
- Attractive design.
Some website design is overloaded with information, which puts user off immediately. The web design given below is one such example.
How to make your website user friendly
Functionalities and usability features are very much dependent on web design, as it is the basic factor in web development. Websites should play a large role in providing relevant company information effectively. Here are some ideas that can help you create a user friendly website for your business.
1. A very important tip to keep in mind is that your website should be very simple, with user friendly functionalities. Visitors should find it easy to navigate easily through all the web pages contained in it.
2. The basic structure of websites should be straightforward and clear too. Use only the important items and elements in the website, without making it look overcrowded.
3. Design all web pages is such a great way that they are search engine friendly.
4. Your website should have a dynamic heading and it should reassure the visitor that he or she has come to the right website. The title should be short and crisp with rich keywords and in large font.
5. Even though flash graphics are very attractive, you should not use them excessively, as loading such web pages become very problematic.
6. The texts that you use in your website is considered to be very significant, as it helps visitors understand the message you want to convey. They are the leading attraction to your website, so you should use average sized and clear fonts with adequate line spacing.
7. Easy navigation from one web page to another is also an important factor when you design your website.
8. The content in your website should be very informative, so that the visitors will find the relevant details about your product or service.
9. Contact details in business websites are very important, as it creates a feeling of trust among the prospective customers. Provide details like phone number, email address, office address and mobile number.
10. Even after creating a great website, if it is not browser friendly, it will be of no use. So you should make it compatible to all browsers.
11. In web design, consistency is considered to be the key. Every feature, from typography, navigation and styling should be similar, right from the home page to all the articles. This helps the eye familiarize with structure.
12. To divide all the text elements in your website, they should be contained in boxes or you can use borders.
As web designing is considered to be the foundation of all websites, attractive web designs with the above needed features will bring in visitors galore to your website.